Sunday, May 23, 2010

The rules of the game.

So ....... How do I go about doing this.  Picking the first recipe to appear here is probably the hardest I have ever had to do.  I have spent the last few nights pouring over the books.  Who will be the lucky one?  How will I narrow it down?  Will it be a dessert?  Will it be a big meal?  Ohhhhhh.... the suspense is killing me!  There are a few recipes that I won't make and there are few self implented rules I will have to follow.

1.  No green peppers.  (Yuck.  They lend their flavors to everything.  It is the one food I can't stomach)

2.  If there are green peppers, I will most likely substitute red, yellow or orange peppers instead.  They are prettier anyway.

3.  I have three children and a picky husband.  I do have to mold the menus and recipes around their likes and dislikes.  They will have to understand they are going to be trying some new flavors.

4.  I will try to make dishes that show cases the flavors of the seasons.  It is summer and I am a farmer's market junkie so that won't be hard to do.

5.  Some of the meals might not be as complicated or as fancy as I want them.  I am a busy person.  Dinner may be thrown together at some points but they will be based on a recipe.

6.  I will be using regular butter.  Not unsalted.  It is more expensive, if you want to adjust the salt content, lower the salt content.

7.  I will try to pick recipes as healthy as I can and keep my family's tastes in mind.  This is will be my hardest challenge!  


8.  I am health conscience but I am not over the top.  I will choose a whole grain when I can afford it.


I think that is all of them.   Desserts are going to be the most fun to make, because everyone loves desserts!  

Thank you for joining me on this fabulous journey!  Let the madness begin!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment