Right now it is all about the truffle. I love them. I decided to spin a new tale of a truffle out of an old one. Remember the black and white truffle? Well, now I made it my way-with peanut butter and chocolate.
I don’t like to toot my own horn, (okay, maybe a little), but I think I have created a masterpiece. Something that people will be asking for over and over again. Drum rolls………. The Nutter Butter Truffle! Ok, maybe you weren’t that surprised because you read it in the title, but seriously this food item has to be one of the greatest things I have ever put in my mouth. I tried it out on a few people and their reactions were pretty much the same as mine. The verdict was definitely a resounding yes. One person admitted to having consumed six or possibly seven of them. Oh, and I decorated them with an “S”, because they are super.
Try them out for yourself… Heaven pure heaven…..
The Nutter Butter Truffle
1 package (largest you can find) of Nutter Butter Cookies
1 package of snack size Nutter Butter Cookies. You should have about 1 1/2 pounds of Nutter Butter cookies.
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped peanut butter chips
1 package chocolate almond bark
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. In a food processor or in a heavy duty zip lock bag, crush the cookies to fine crumbs, almost into a powder.
2. Place in a stand mixer bowl and add cream cheese block and peanut butter. Mix until it comes to together into a dough.
3. Add the chopped peanut butter chips and mix on low speed until combined.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
5. Freeze the insides of the truffles for at least half an hour or until the middles are solid.
6. Chop the chocolate flavored almond bark and place in a glass bowl over simmering water. You can use this method, or you can melt the chocolate in the microwave. Please follow the directions on the package.
7. Once the chocolate is melted, using two forks dip each center in to the chocolate and place it on a lined cookie sheet. The truffles will harden almost instantly.
8. Once all of the centers are coated, return them to the freezer just until the truffles are set.
9. Melt the remaining peanut butter chips, using the same method as above and add the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Use the melted peanut chips to decorate the truffles however you’d like.