Monday, March 4, 2013

Sweet Sundays: Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies

 

IMG_1525

 

Pinterest is inspiring.  Pinterest is creative.  Pinterest is….ADDICTIVE!  I love nothing more than to pin endless desserts and shoes that I will never make or can’t afford to buy.  I am being serious here.  I can kill an hour, perhaps two mindlessly pinning.  Ideas abound, a plethora of visions that would have never occurred to me, but now I can’t live with out. 

IMG_1522

Peanut butter Cup Rice Krispies nearly sent me over the edge.  I seriously can’t make these and have them in the house.  I have to give them away or I will eat the entire pan.  Stop laughing.  I am not joking.  I pinned the link a few months ago.  Every once in a while, when I scroll through my pins/hours of my day, this recipe catches my eye.  A gooey sweet, salty treat that begs to be eaten.  You can’t eat just one square.  I would suggest cutting this dessert into small squares so it doesn’t look like you are eating too many of them.  Now I will share it with you, so you can be addicted and understand my problem.  Chocolate and peanut butter, a divine amalgamation.

Enjoy!

IMG_1504

 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies

 

6 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal

16-18 Reeses Peanut Butter cups, diced

5 tablespoons butter or margarine

3 tablespoon light Karo syrup

1 (10oz package) plus 2 heaping cups miniature marshmallows

1/3 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup chocolate chips

 

1.  Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray, set aside.

2.  Chop the peanut butter cups.  See picture below to get the most out the peanut butter cups.

IMG_1509

3.  Combine peanut butter cups and cereal in a large bowl and set aside.

IMG_1510

4.  In a large pot melt the butter or margarine over low heat.

IMG_1511

5. Add karo syrup and marshmallows, and stir continuously until mixture is smooth.

IMG_1514

IMG_1516

6.  Remove from heat and add cereal mixture to the pot and fold together just until the cereal is coated.  The peanut butter cups will start to fall apart, so don’t over mix.

IMG_1517

 

7.  Press down into prepared pan.  Set aside.

IMG_1518

8.  Scoop the peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds or until melted.  Pour melted peanut butter in a plastic sandwich bag and snip a small corner and drizzle over the cereal mixture.

IMG_1519

9.  Do the exact same thing with the chocolate chips.  Be sure not to over heat.  Microwave and stir in intervals of ten seconds just until melted and put in a small bag and snip a small corner and drizzle.

IMG_1520

10.  If you have any extra peanut butter cups, chop them and sprinkle on top.  You can put the pan in the refrigerator until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment