Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Saturdays: Casual Dining At It’s Finest

 

Oh!  I am so glad you have come back!  You have become quite a regular customer around here.  Let me show you to your table.  Oh?  You only have a few minutes to eat?  We have just the thing.  Something simple and easy, yet elegant and sophisticated.  Please be prepared to have your taste buds tingled and your belly warmed.  Enjoy.

IMG_1455

Saturdays are turning out to be my favorite day of the week.  I love to cook (obviously), but what I love so much about cooking is the great joy I feel when I can share, not only what I create but my passion for it as well.  My dearest friend Jared, (the one going to culinary school) and I practice his homework together.  For his lab class he had a test to see how many slices he could get out of a tomato.  So he practiced…..and then we made homemade tomato soup.

IMG_1460

Now, some people say that man can not dine on soup alone, (not quite the saying) so what goes with tomato soup better than grilled cheese? Now mind you this wasn’t your everyday tomato soup.  So you can’t have your everyday grilled cheese. 

Tonight’s menu

Tomato and Garlic Bread Soup with a Parmesan Frico

Sweet Apple and Prosciutto Sandwiches with Camembert and Raspberry Jam.

Please enjoy our hospitality and we hope your bellies are warmed and filled.  Please join us again.

We love having you.

 

If you want any of the recipes please comment in below and I would be happy to send them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment