Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sweet Sundays: Peanut-Marshmallow-Chocolate Chip Bars

sweet sundays 036
Guess what guys?  You are in luck!  There is no silly story this week.  No long tale how this recipe appeared to me in a dream, or how I have been searching for it for years.  Just pure dessert.   Creamy, crunchy, salty and gooey dessert.

sweet sundays 031
I will tell you that I found this recipe in the Pillsbury addition of Potluck Reunions (volume 306, July 2006). It is one of the magazines you drool over while you are waiting with three items behind the lady who found a better deal at a different store but wants to purchase her items at this store for the same price.  You know who you are!!!  AGGHHH drive me crazy!  Anyway,  the kids pretty much made this recipe.  I just took the pictures.

Peanut-Marshmallow-Chocolate Chip Bars

Makes 24 servings 18 grams of carbohydrates per bar.

1 roll 18 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In an ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough.  With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of the pan to form a crust.
sweet sundays 008
3.  Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.  I don’t think it matters the order you do it.  I just did it in order of the ingredients.

sweet sundays 012

sweet sundays 014

sweet sundays 016

sweet sundays 017

4.  Bake 16 to 26 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes if you can wait that long.

sweet sundays 024

6 comments:

  1. Wow, how gooey and yummy. My kids would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay...this looks way to good!! Stopping in from SITS and so glad I did -- great site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. children will love this looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks completely amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun kid-friendly project! These sound delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little magazines...and I can NOT stand those coupon ladies. Annoying to the max. One grocery store should be good enough. Who cares if you save .30 cents at the store across town? Is it bad that I want to punch those people? : )

    ReplyDelete