I grew up on tater tots. I think that is all I have to say. If I have the option of French Fries or tater tots, guess which one I will pick? Some people don’t like tater tots. Some people like them so much they named their dog after them (my sister). This recipe is all about the tater tot and its time travel abilities to take me back to my childhood. Seriously. I love tater tots.
I found the recipe for Chili Cheese Bake in my “Southern Living: What’s for Supper”, cookbook. I told you this cookbook is fantastic. I mean, how can it not be. It has tater tot casserole in it. The recipe does take an hour to bake, but if have all of your ingredients handy, it is a cinch to put together I recently posted another recipe from this cookbook. There will be a link at the bottom of the page for it. The recipes in the book are easy, and quick, and everything you are looking for in an easy weeknight meal. You can easily swap out ingredients if you don’t like them, like green beans for corn the corn. This also would be really great with shredded potatoes, but probably not as awesome as tater tots. Oh, now I am addicted to sweet potato tater tots! Delicious!
Check out the recipe!!!!
Chili Cheese Bake
Makes 8 servings
2 pounds ground beef or turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans of chili starter
1 (14 1/2-ounce ) can petite diced tomatoes
1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained and rinsed
1 (8-ounce) package shredded colby-jack cheese blend
1 (32-ounce) package frozen tater tots.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook ground beef, (or turkey) and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8-to-10 minutes until the meat crumbles and is cooked through.
3. Drain well, and return meat mixture to pan. Stir in chili starter and the next two ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Top with tots.
7. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tots are golden.