I know it’s Tuesday and you guys are rushing around getting people from here-to-there and back again. That’s now what happens in our house every night of the week. I get out of work at 2:30pm but my feet don’t land solidly on my floors at home until after 7pm! It’s a matter of rushing one kid one way and one kid another way. Picking up one and dropping of another. I live in my car.
So I picked out a recipe for today that can be prepared in 15 minutes. Yes, there is some bake time involved, but by the time you get your running done, dinner will be too! Honey Mustard Chicken, was found in “Taste of Home, Fast Meals with Mixes”. It is a pull-apart cookbook that has recipe cards built right in and can be found at the check out lane in the grocery store. My copy was given to me by my mother for Christmas. All the recipes included a prepared item already and you build your recipe around it. My recipe called for a packet of ranch dressing mix as the base of the marinade. This chicken can easily be paired with a salad or a green vegetable and rice or potatoes. Whatever you have time for. The kids will love it because it is sweet and sticky and they can use their fingers. Everybody rated the recipe “4 out of 5” stars. Definitely a weeknight repeater!
Honey Mustard Chicken
*You can use any type of chicken cut you like. I used bone-in chicken thighs.
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
12 chicken thighs or a mixture of legs and thighs.
For the sauce/marinade…
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce for serving over the chicken when finished.
3. In a large baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, place chicken skin side up and pour over marinade. Make sure all the pieces are coated.
4. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, basting with the pan juices occasionally.
5. When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees it’s ready to serve.
6. Heat the reserved sauce and serve with the chicken at the table.