Hello Everyone!!! I hope every body had a great week! Our week has been so busy!!!!! Isabelle is in jazz band, science olympiad and honors choir. Alex is involved in Model U.N. and high school track. I am now the taxi service. My time to write and my time to make delicious dinners has suddenly decreased dramatically. I promise there are some more fantastic recipes to come!
So what do I mean by fast/slow chocolate peanut butter cake. Well, I found a lovely recipe, that was super quick and easy to throw together and baked and all I had to do was put it in a crock pot and forget it. Yes, that’s right I said a crock pot. I have never made dessert in a slow cooker before. I found this recipe in my Crock Pot “Slow Cooker Bible”. I was perusing the cookbook to find a recipe for tomorrow, (Monday) and I came across quite a few dessert recipes. Not only did this recipe call out to me, (chocolate/peanut butter Hello) but I had all of the ingredients in house! The recipe is actually called Peanut Fudge Pudding Cake. You can call the dessert what ever you like. I would call it delicious!
I usually ask one of the kids to help me make recipes and ninety percent of the time they ignore me or tell me no, but this time I went to Alex and said, “Hey. Lets make a cake. I promise you can go back to your stuff in 10 minutes,” and he said “Sure mom” There is a science to slow cooker cooking. Alex and I made sure we measured just what we needed and voila! A super moist, fudgy, rich cake happened in our crock pot!
Please give this a try. It takes about 2 hours in the crockpot so you can easily make it in the afternoon for a quick dessert after dinner. The house will smell fantastic too!
Peanut Fudge Pudding Cake (Fast/Slow Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
1. Coat a 4 1/2 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla and peanut butter and stir until blended.
4. Pour batter into slow cooker and spread to cover the bottom.
4. Combine the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into the boiling water. Stir until no lumps are visible.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over cake batter and just leave it. Don’t stir!
7. Set your slow cooker on high for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Scoop out the cake and make sure you get the fudge sauce on the bottom.