Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Sunday: Fast/Slow Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

 

IMG_2612

Hello Everyone!!!  I hope every body had a great week!  Our week has been so busy!!!!!  Isabelle is in jazz band, science olympiad and honors choir.  Alex is involved in Model U.N. and high school track.  I am now the taxi service.  My time to write and my time to make delicious dinners has suddenly decreased dramatically.  I promise there are some more fantastic recipes to come!

IMG_2613

So what do I mean by fast/slow chocolate peanut butter cake.  Well, I found a lovely recipe, that was super quick and easy to throw together and baked and all I had to do was put it in a crock pot and forget it.  Yes, that’s right I said a crock pot.  I have never made dessert in a slow cooker before.  I found this recipe in my Crock Pot “Slow Cooker Bible”.  I was perusing the cookbook to find a recipe for tomorrow, (Monday) and I came across quite a few dessert recipes.  Not only did this recipe call out to me, (chocolate/peanut butter Hello) but I had all of the ingredients in house!  The recipe is actually called Peanut Fudge Pudding Cake.  You can call the dessert what ever you like.  I would call it delicious!

IMG_2615.JPG (2)

I usually ask one of the kids to help me make recipes and ninety percent of the time they ignore me or tell me no, but this time I went to Alex and said, “Hey.  Lets make a cake.  I promise you can go back to your stuff in 10 minutes,”  and he said “Sure mom”  There is a science to slow cooker cooking.  Alex and I made sure we measured just what we needed and voila!  A super moist, fudgy, rich cake happened in our crock pot! 

Please give this a try.  It takes about 2 hours in the crockpot so you can easily make it in the afternoon for a quick dessert after dinner.  The house will smell fantastic too!

Enjoy!

Peanut Fudge Pudding Cake (Fast/Slow Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake)

 

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar, divided

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

2/3 cup milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup boiling water

 

1.  Coat a 4 1/2 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.

2.  Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.

IMG_2596

3.  Add milk, oil, vanilla and peanut butter and stir until blended.

IMG_2598

IMG_2600.JPG (2)

4.  Pour batter into slow cooker and spread to cover the bottom.

IMG_2605

4.  Combine the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into the boiling water.  Stir until no lumps are visible. 

IMG_2603

5.  Pour chocolate mixture over cake batter and just leave it.  Don’t stir! 

IMG_2607

7.  Set your slow cooker on high for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

IMG_2608

8. Allow cake to rest for 10 minutes before serving.  Scoop out the cake and make sure you get the fudge sauce on the bottom. 

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try this! So easy to do, and it looks warm and yummy - comfort dessert food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!!! It was super moist and delicious! The house smelled amazing!

    ReplyDelete