Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bacon Apple Pancakes!!! Its What’s for Dinner!

 

IMG_2228

Breakfast for dinner?  Yes please!  We love pancakes for dinner at our house.  They are warm and comforting and they give you a hug from the inside.  My family likes the instant kind.  The kind you can have on the table with just the addition of water.  I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.  It has been a time saver, but I want something more…. Something more adventurous!

IMG_2227

When I make pancakes it isn’t just pancakes.  We normally have sausage or bacon to round out the meal.  What better way to eat pancakes, than with the meat right inside of them!  Pancakes are a quick weeknight meal and I suggest you try them! 

Bacon and Apple pancakes were found in the Food Magazine, “1,000 Easy Recipes” cookbook.  I love this cookbook.  I know I say that about all of my cookbooks, but this one is just fun!  I mean super fun!  Colorful pictures, simple recipes and even party suggestions.  I love it.  The cookbook gives you guidelines on basic recipes and then ideas on how to make them better!  Like pancakes!  Everything is better with bacon, why not pancakes!

IMG_2229

(These are my pancakes)

Make some pancakes for dinner tonight.  Have some fun coming up with more ideas to mix into them.  Why stop at bacon and apples!  Keep the ideas coming and let me know how they turned out!

 

 

Bacon and Apple Pancakes

*I doubled the recipe and it made roughly 20 pancakes.  We are big pancake eaters!

 

1 1/2 cups flour

3 tablespoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cup milk

1/2 stick butter, melted

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon

1/2 of an apple, grated

 

1.  Cook your bacon to tender crisp.  I cooked the whole package of bacon because I knew by the time it came to go into the recipe I wouldn’t have much left.

IMG_2218

2.  Drain bacon and set aside to cool.

3.  In a large bowl, whisk your dry ingredients.  (flour, baking powder and salt).

IMG_2217

4. In a small bowl combine your wet ingredients. (milk, egg, butter and vanilla.

IMG_2219

5.  Combine the wet ingredients into the dry.

IMG_2220

6.  Fold in the crumbled bacon and grated apple.  The batter will be quite lumpy.

IMG_2222

7.  Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and grease with butter.

8.  Pour 1/4 cup scoops on to the skillet and cook pancakes until bubbles for and pop on top.  Flip pancakes over and cook for just a minute longer.

IMG_2224 

9.  Keep warm in a oven on a low heat.  Serve with butter, powdered sugar, syrup or peanut butter. ( that lasts suggestion is what I did).

IMG_2225

No comments:

Post a Comment