That is one delicious mouthful of words. Seriously. Each word is delicious. Texas means big. A big juice hamburger. Crunchy and taco what could be better? Mix it all together and you just have delicious. Straight up.
I know you guys are longing for the open fire. The grills on your deck sit so lonesome in this frigid weather. Nothing tastes better than a hamburger cooked outdoors. Until these terrible months are passed, and when you are someday reunited with your grill, these burgers will fill the void.
Texas Crunch Taco Burgers is an amalgamation of two recipes. I found both of them in “1,000 Easy Recipes”, by Food Network Magazine. I am in love with this cookbook! So easy! So fun! This cookbook lives up to it’s name. I combined the Texas Crunch Burger and the Taco Burger. The result? Fabulous! The crunch from the nacho cheese sauce and the creaminess of the refried beans go so well together. You could add fresh guacamole or salsa too!
I know everybody loves the classics, but I promise you this hamburger will not disappoint. Give these a try now or wait until the perfect grilling moment.
P.S. Don’t mind the Winnie the Pooh plate. (It’s Gabe’s)
Texas Crunch Taco Burger
Serves 4. I doubled it.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 can refried beans
1 jar nacho cheese sauce
1 small onion chopped
Corn chips, crushed
1. Mix ground beef with salt and seasonings.
2. Form into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
3. Make an indent in the center of each patty.
4. Have your grill pan or cast iron skillet heated to medium-high heat.
5. Make sure your exhaust fan is on. These babies are going to smoke.
6. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side.
7. Warm the refried beans and nacho cheese sauce in the microwave.
8. Spread refried beans on bottom bun. Add patty and top with onions, cheese sauce and corn chips.
9. Smoosh the burgers down and enjoy!