Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sweet Sunday: Raspberry Almond Muffins

 

IMG_2404

So bare with me.  I didn’t take pictures of the process on how to make these muffins.  I was busy making everything else and just want to get my work done.  I still think these muffins are definitely worth making and are easy enough to understand.  These muffins were served last week at church and I have had a number of people ask me for the recipe.  This recipe is definitely worth sharing.

IMG_2403

My copy of Cooking Lights “Quick Baking”, is faded and sticky and covered in flour.  I have used it many times and each time I have not been disappointed.  Evidently I didn’t blog the other recipes besides the one listed below, but believe me, I did make some. This cookbook/magazine has everything you are craving and want to eat, but still lets you stay in your dietary guidelines (if you follow the portion control laws).  Raspberry Almond Muffins are a sweet treat to start your day or to have as small snacks throughout the day. 

Please give these muffins a try and let me know what you think in the comments section below.  I am really looking for feedback on the blog.  If there are any recipes you guys have questions about or any recipes you would like to see, please let me know!

Sticky Date and Coconut Cake

 

Enjoy!

 

Raspberry Almond Muffins

Cooks Note:  I did substitute frozen raspberries for fresh ones.  Please drain the frozen raspberries really well.

 

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

2 1/2 tablespoons almond paste

1 cup butter, softened

2 eggs

1/2 cup fat free buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained

2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or granulated sugar for the tops of the muffins

 

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2.  Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar. brown sugar and almond paste in a food processor and blend well.

3.  Add butter and pulse until combined.

4.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, pulsing between each egg to make sure they are blended as well.

5.  Add buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon juice and pulse until blended.

6.  In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Whisk to combine.

7.  Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk mixture.

8.  Stir until just moist.  Don’t over work the dough it can get tough.

9.  Let muffin batter stand for five minutes.

10.  Gently fold in the raspberries. 

11.  Now, you can either make 12 normal size muffins or 48 mini muffins.  Make sure the pans are coated with cooking spray. Portion out the batter into the pan.

12.  Sprinkle the muffins with the topping sugar.

13.  Bake for 22 minutes.  If you are using the mini-muffin pan, you might not need to bake it quite as long.  Keep your eyes on it.

14.  Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment