You heard me. THREE kinds of chocolate! It is one of those days. It’s not just a one chocolate Sunday. I bumped it up to a category three chocolate Sunday. No you can not judge me.
I hope everyone is doing well after another week of snow. The winter blues are definitely upon. The feeling of wanting to stay in bed, all warm and toasty has worn out its welcome. I don’t know about you guys, but I am ready to move! Not just from the house to the car or the car to work. I am mean really get my legs out there and start walking. It’s kind of hard when the snow is up to my knees. It’s almost March…… It’s almost March……
Today’s “Sweet Sunday” is a delicious Triple Chocolate Bread. I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens “Fall Baking” publication. I am responsible for providing the baked goods between services at church next week, so I started baking early! Here is a sneak peak for those who go to my church. You lucky bums! This bread is delicious! It has milk chocolate, semi-sweet and white chocolate chips in it. The recipe is straight forward and doesn’t use too many dishes. The only tricky thing is it has too cool all the way and then the bread needs to be wrapped until morning. So you can’t eat it right away when it comes out of the oven. The chocolate chips don’t melt all the way and the in the cooling down process the chips firm bake up, so you get chunks of chocolate in each bite.
Please give this bread a try! I would say a glass of milk and a snuggly blanket would be the perfect accompaniments for it.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep your loaf pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, egg and milk.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until moistened.
6. Fold in all chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Pull out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from pan and let cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest overnight.
11. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 268 calories, 38 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams protein.