When I say easy, I mean easy. Like the easiest meal you will ever make. Ever. This meal will take you 20 minutes, from start to finish. It’s Thursday and we are almost through the week. I know how tired you guys are, and the last thing you want to make is something that has multiple steps and takes hours to prepare.
Turkey Stroganoff is another 5 ingredient recipe. Aren’t these great!!! I found this recipe in “Easy Meals”, by Pillsbury. Again, this is one of those cookbooks you throw in your cart in the check out lane. In fact, I have had this book since June 2005. It helps to speed up the cook time with prepared foods that just need to be thrown together. You can use ground beef for this if you prefer, but you know me and ground turkey. I didn’t have to trick my family, I just came out and told them it was ground turkey!
You can round out the meal with a side salad or green beans. I doubled the recipe. Alex tends to eat 2 or 3 servings of things and then will finish off dinner at breakfast. One more tip. After swirling in the sour cream, don’t let the mixture come to a boil again, it will curdle.
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 1/2 cups water
1 package (1.5 ounces) beef stroganoff sauce mix
3 cups uncooked egg noodles (6 ounces)
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large skillet, crumble ground turkey and sprinkle with pepper.
2. Brown over a medium-high heat until no longer pink. Stir frequently.
3. Stir in water, sauce and noodles. Return to a boil.
Look how the sun shines off the noodles!
4. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Cook until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in sour cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
7. Sprinkle with parsley.