Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet Big Game Sunday: Lemonade Cookies

 

IMG_2216

Here is something sweet to brighten your week.  Here in Michigan we are dangerously lacking the sunshine.  The only sun I have gotten these two weeks has been the reflection of the sun off of the blinding snow. I need some sunshine!!!!! 

IMG_2210

Today is the biggest football day of the year.  I’m going to be honest, I really don’t care.  I do watch the commercials. I do like to see all of the hype, but pro-football just isn’t my thing.  College football is where it’s at.  GO BLUE!  I digress.  If you are planning to go to a “big game” party, these cookies will be a fabulous addition. 

IMG_2214

Lemonade cookies are quick, easy to make with only six ingredients.  The only thing I had to buy at the store was the frozen lemonade concentrate.  The cookies bake in mere minutes and the recipe makes a ton!  I found the recipe in the Taste of Home “Bake Sale Recipe Cards” cookbook.  The same cookbook I used for the Chewy Caramel Bars (See the link below for that great recipe). 

Please whip up at batch of the these cookies today.  They are tart and sweet and will give you a break from the doldrums of winter.  Let’s call them little burst of sunshine in your mouth. 

Enjoy!

One Big Delicious Mess or Chewy Caramel Bars 

 

 

Lemonade Cookies

Make 6 dozen

*I used pearl sugar to top half of the cookies and superfine sugar to top the rest.

 

1 cup of butter (2 sticks), softened

1 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup lemonade concentrate, thawed

Sugar to top the cookies.

 

 

1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2.  In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer combine the butter and sugar and cream until light and fluffy. 

IMG_2198

IMG_2200

3.  Add egg in separate additions.  Beat the mixture after adding each egg.

4.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.

IMG_2217

5.  With the mixer running alternate between flour mixture and lemonade concentrate.  Mix well after each addition.

6. Spoon cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  I used a small ice cream scoop.  You could use 2 teaspoons to drop the dough as well. 

IMG_2205

7.  Bake for 8 minutes until set and lightly browned.

IMG_2208

8.  Brush the remaining lemonade concentrate on to the cookies while the are still warm. 

IMG_2209

9.  Sprinkle with sugar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment